· All horses/ponies must have their passports with them during travel – this is a legal requirement under the Horse Passports (England) Regulation 2004. We regret that we cannot transport any horse/pony if it does not have its passport with it. A call out fee will be charged to cover any costs we have already incurred.
· Under the Welfare of Animals (Transport) Order 1997 (WATO) we cannot transport any animal unless it is fit to travel. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that their horse/pony is fit to travel. If your horse or pony is incapable of or unfit to travel we reserve the right to refuse to transport it. A call out fee will be charged to cover any costs we have already incurred.
· Customers are not permitted to travel in the cab due to insurance restrictions.
· Whilst our own insurance covers Third Party Liability all horses/ponies are transported at the owners risk and therefore you must ensure that your horse/pony is properly insured against any injury.
· Reasonable wear and tear to the horsebox is expected and covered in our fee for transportation but customers may be liable to cover the cost of repair for any excessive damage caused by their horse/pony to the transport vehicle.
· Any quote for transport will include 20 minutes of loading time each way free of charge. Whilst every effort will always be made, in the rare event of a horse being incapable of being loaded a charge will be made of 75p a mile for the round trip, plus £10 per half hour or part thereof for any additional time spent loading in excess of 40 minutes.
· Either the customer or someone nominated by the customer is required to be present whilst the horse is being loaded/unloaded, unless previously agreed.
· We are happy to carry tack or other equipment with your horse/pony but any loss or damage to personal items is not covered by our insurance and is done entirely at the customer’s own risk.
· All journeys are to be paid for in full on or before the day of transportation.
· A cancellation fee of 50% may be charged for any booking cancelled less than 48 hours from the date of transport.
· By accepting a quote from Transit Equine and confirming a booking the customer agrees to the Terms and Conditions outlined above.
· Please note -we are unable to confirm bookings unless customers provide all the required details of the journey and will not be able to undertake a route until a booking is confirmed.